§ 104.200 Owner or operator.
* * * * *
(b) For each vessel, the vessel owner or operator must:
(1) Define the security organizational structure for each vessel and provide all personnel exercising security duties or responsibilities within that structure with the support needed to fulfill security obligations;
(2) Designate, in writing, by name or title, a Company Security Officer (CSO), a Vessel Security Officer (VSO) for each vessel, and identify how those officers can be contacted at any time;
(3) Ensure personnel receive training, drills, and exercises enabling them to perform their assigned security duties;
(4) Inform vessel personnel of their responsibility to apply for and maintain a TWIC, including the deadlines and methods for such applications, and of their obligation to inform TSA of any event that would render them ineligible for a TWIC, or which would invalidate their existing TWIC;
(5) Ensure vessel security records are kept;